i2p CASE STUDIES:
EDF EN Canada Inc.
Ongoing support for a growing company
EDF EN Canada Inc.
Sector: Renewable energies
Number of stations: 150
Number of servers: 7
Number of network equipment units: 15
Collaboration with i2p since 2008
i2p’s people are proactive and always give excellent advice. They solve problems with more than satisfactory response times. i2p technicians keep it simple, and we understand when they talk! We think of them as colleagues.
Founded in 1999, EDF EN Canada Inc. implements renewable, solar, and wind energy projects, contributing to the strenghtening of a green economy and the creation of innovative industries. From its inception, EDF EN Canada Inc. was looking for a reliable IT partner, a partner it found in i2p, which supported it in setting up its infrastructure and providing daily support to its users.
Following the merger of all EDF EN Canada Inc.’s North American offices, the i2p team was able to adapt in order to remain their preferred partner during all the phases of the transition. i2p’s role has since involved being the main point of support for the majority of EDF EN Inc.’s systems in Canada and assisting the company in its collaboration with the San Diego-based parent office. i2p also manages special projects, like the transfer and reconnection of IT&Nbsp;equipment during the major move of the EDF EN&Nbsp;Canada Inc. premises. Thanks to the relationship of trust that has been established for several years with i2p, the company never hesitates to ask for advice about any issues concerning its IT environment.
Going forward, EDF EN Canada Inc. opted for a service agreement with i2p, known as i2+, for the maintenance and optimization of its IT infrastructure. By minimizing time lost due to IT issues, the company has been able to increase its overall productivity and maximize its employees’ productivity.
“i2p’s people are proactive and always give excellent advice. They solve problems with more than satisfactory response times. People in IT often speak a language of their own and are hard to understand. i2p technicians keep it simple, and we understand when they talk! We think of them as colleagues.”
– Clemence Grevey, Administrative Coordinator
+ In detail
- the management, maintenance, documentation, securing, and optimization of the IT environment
- Management of accounts, emails, and data security
- Rollout and proactive maintenance of the population of portable computers
- End-user support
- Proactive maintenance of virtual servers under VMWare
- i2p-administered and hosted online backup system
- Assistance to the parent office for most changes to the network infrastructure
- Interfacing of the computer population with the parent office network environment
- Assistance during the migration to Office 365
- Planning and reconnecting the entirety of the IT equipment and network
- Planning of technological and connectivity aspects during the planning of the new premises
- Planning and technological solution for 10 conference rooms
- Rollout of specialized “Toughbook” laptops
- Solution to synchronize data from the wind parks to Montréal servers
- Full analysis of printing needs and solutions