CASE STUDIES i2p:
Daily expertise, reliable emergency support
Number of stations: 50
Number of servers: 6
Number of network equipment items: 10
Collaboration with i2p since 2005
The service agreement with i2p includes weekly equipment checking as well as technical support and emergency management. For example, when a major electrical outage lasted several days, an i2p team came over to help Toitures Hogue re-start their infrastructure on generators provided by i2p.
Toitures Hogue has more than 40 years of experience in residential and commercial roofing. With close to 200 employees, this Blainville company is one of the largest roof builders in Quebec.
Toitures Hogue chose i2p as an IT service provider more than 12 years ago because of its effectiveness and its ability to take charge of their various systems, including the one housing their roofing logistics service (www.topoh.ca).
In addition to setting up a reliable network, i2p also acts as an advisor in choosing suppliers and software. And so it was that when the accounting software was being changed, i2p met with suppliers along with Toitures Hogue to help them make an informed selection. Similarly, i2p guided the company in the search for a new Internet supplier that was suitable for their needs.
The service agreement with i2p includes weekly equipment checking as well as technical support and emergency management. For example, when a major electrical outage lasted several days, an i2p team came over to help Toitures Hogue re-start their infrastructure on generators provided by i2p. This allowed employees to resume their activities.
i2p’s input has boosted productivity, as well as customer service quality, significantly. “We’re not IT experts, but we know we can trust them. Nothing is hidden: we always know how much time each request takes. Their company has grown in recent years, and they’ve been able to put people in place to continue to offer fast and personalized service. There’s always someone to handle things when there’s an emergency. This is a very important factor for Toitures Hogue.”
– Nathalie Texier, Purchasing Director, Executive Assistant
+ In detail
- the management, maintenance, documentation, securing, and optimization of the IT environment
- Management of accounts, emails, and data security and access to accounting system
- Rollout and proactive maintenance of set of workstations
- End-user support
- Assistance with mobile device management
- Rollout and proactive maintenance of physical and virtual servers under Hyper-V
- Administration of network equipment and VPN
- i2p-administered and hosted online backup system
- Management of domain names, DNS services and SSL certificates
- Assistance during conversion of the fleet of mobile devices to the Android platform
- ERP and installation of a terminal environment for the solution
- Lending and installation of generators during major power outages